Too long and don't want to read?
If you don't read all of the rules, then really.. don't expect to know how to avoid breaking them, However, in case your attention span can hold on for 30 seconds, here it is in short form..
! DO NOT !
- ✘be hateful, vulgar, obscene, unnecessarily rude, spam the chat or advertise.
- ✘have any of the above as part of your steam, player or tribe name.
- ✘build near obvious no build areas or obelisks/markets.
- ✘ignore the "Too Close? How Close?" build distance rule.
- ✘leave your taming traps all over the map.
- ✘build near or hide behind another tribe.
- ✘hack, exploit or otherwise cheat OR involve yourself with those that cheat.
- ✘trash the map with spam OR block spawns (structures or dinos).
- ✘raid new players OR PVP at Obelisks / Markets.
- ✘FOB too close to an enemy base.. also make sure you remove the FOB afterwards.
- ✘log off while being raided if you killed an attacker. (aka Combat Logging.)
- ✘raid with Extinction Titans.
- ✘impersonate staff or high profile players with steam, player or tribe name.
- ✘have different tribe names across the cluster.
! DO !
- ✔Play without exploits.
- ✔Report people who break rules.
- ✔Listen to people that know better than you.
- ✔Read the Wiki once in a while.
- ✔Enjoy the game with etiquette and self respect.
Communication, Chat & Messaging.
Keeping the cluster friendly is always high on the priority list, however, we are not a nanny cluster and we're not here to serve as a digital babysitter. If you
have a personal dispute with another player, we will politely ask that you take it to a more private place and deal with the issue or use the magic of ignoring idiots.
Ensure that you:
- Do not use language which is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive.
- Do not post Personal Information - belonging yourself to someone else on any of our services, in-game, discord or otherwise.
- Do not harass, stalk, threaten a person - such as sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to specific users/tribes and can include but not limited to those sexual in nature or messages that would cause discomfort.
- Do not disrupt the game - such as intentionally causing the chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat.
- Do not promote - do not send messages which are advertisements for inappropriate topics, including scamming, hacking, exploits, competing servers, competing websites or the sale of goods and services unless trading within the game for game specific resources.
When choosing your name, steam name, or tribe name you must adhere to general decency and abide by the following rules. If Keneti determines your name to be improper, we may change the name and or terminate your use of our servers. You should not use an alternative spelling to circumvent the name restrictions listed below.
You should ensure that your name:
- Does not use names that contain vulgar, defamatory, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive, including any usernames which are sexual in nature.
- Does not impersonate - pretending to be someone else with intent to impersonate Administrators or High Profile players and tribes.
Do Not place storage boxes, sleeping bags, auction house structures or any other structure at a market area. if you have placed something at a market, remove it immidiately.
Two tribes cannot occupy the same space and must follow the "Too Close? How Close?" guide line.
"Too Close? How Close?" Place an 'S+ Feeding Trough' (the wooden one) and "Show Range" from the radial menu(E), if the range overlaps the area, you're too close. You can pick up the S+ Feeding Trough after you have determined your range.
Places considered restricted for building
- Near Obelisks
- Near Artifact/Boss Cave Entrances
- Near an Artifact (or anywhere on route to)
- Near *Very* Rare Resources
- Near Aberration Surface Entrances/Caves
- Near KenetiNPC "Market Areas"
- Near Another Tribe.
Do not spam random pillars/foundations/spike walls etc around the map, or around your base. You may build defences but you may not spam.
View of what NOT to do..
Taming Traps & Other Trash
Do not leave your taming traps out in the world, clean up after yourself. If an Admin has to clean up after you, you may not like the results. This includes old bases of yours and other trash.
If you have a teleporter set to Public and you have turrets/defences there, you must add [NOTSAFE] as a suffix to the teleporter name.
Aberration & Transmitters
People should not leave S+ Transmitters out in the world on Aberration "Unlocked". The point of Aberration and the Lore of the map, is that you as a newb have to search for a way off the map by finding a beacon, or going to the surface butt naked to an Obelisk. Do not take the fun out of the map by being a "Helpful Person" where the help is not required.
Raiding & PVP Rules
This is a PVP cluster. Expect to die.This is not "beat up the new guy" cluster. Please allow players to progress.
Every player should make reasonable assumptions that they could be raided at any moment and as such, should make every effort they can to protect their base with whatever means they can. The cluster has an OGS/ORP creatable structure that you can use to protect your base whilst sleeping/work/school etc. Please see the Mod Tab: Things to note for more information.
Open world PVP is allowed, at any time, on any part of the map, EXCEPT at Obelisks & Markets. Attacking players transferring in or out or trading is tend amount to uber scrubbery. Players that do this can find themselves against everyone on the cluster including Alpha tribes.
Forward Operating Bases aka FOB
While raiding, you can build a FOB near your target raid. However...
- If the raid is over you must remove it.
- If there is no activity at the target location for a day, you must remove it.
- It must follow the "Too Close? How Close?" Building rule.
- You may not spam foundations around the target area.
- A FOB Cannot be protected with an Offline Raid Protection (OGS/ORP)
Logging off while being raided, after making an attempt to defend your base, also known as chicken shit cowardice… is not permitted. If you think that the Offline Raid Protection will save you after you realise you are likely going to lose being raided by logging off, you are likely suffering from internet rabies. If a tribe can prove that you combat logged, expect your ORP to be removed by the server Admin. Fight fair and with a pair of balls. :)
If you start to raid a tribe, and that tribe begins a counter raid on your base/s (not FOB), both tribes are locked into combat status and cannot log off.
Combat Logging Exceptions
When an enemy tribe begins a raid and you are online, and you are aware that you will likely not have enough time to defend your base (i.e you have to log off in X hours for bed, or that you have a prior engagement at X time), you Must Not attack the enemy tribe and must log out immediately until you will have enough time to properly defend your base. This will prevent people from claiming you have combat logged.
Titans from Extinction are not to be used in raiding, what so ever. Titans are to be used to fight the King Titan on Extinction as part of the Boss fight and not to lord it over the server. Titans are broken, they can easily kill creatures and players through large portions of mesh despite Wildcards efforts to fix this issue, no cave is safe from titans. This exploit will lead to anyone using it getting wiped and banned.
Market Areas are there for all players to use to interact with the economy and they are Not Raidable, any player that raids an Admin KenetiNPC will be wiped and ejected from the cluster permanently.
Cluster Tribe Names
Your tribe name should be the same on all maps and contain the same tribe members where applicable. (players can't be members of multiple tribes,
especially enemy tribes.) This is to prevent "insiding" and shady raiding tactics.
- You must as Tribe Owner make sure this rule is followed.
- Two tribes cannot have the exact same name, the tribe that created a name first takes precedence.
Hacking and Exploiting
Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated.
Examples are not limited to but can include using third-party programs such as in-game automated bots, ESP, Aimbots, and Game Engine Modifications.
Exploiting - examples are not limited to but can include:
- Attacking from, travelling through, or building in unintended game-zones (under the mesh or above the map).
- Duplication of tames, items, or characters.
- Building a box on a platform saddled dino to completely prevent it from taking damage.
- Attacking or blocking players through the terrain with creatures or dinosaurs.
- Intentionally crashing users or servers (through DDoS or otherwise).
- Stacking multiple creatures inside each other's models via raising babies close together, teleporting them near each other, downloading them, etc
(ex: multiple brontos in a 1x1 foundation area).
- Floating structures or structures that extend past normal building limits on platform saddles or rafts for PVP purposes.
Guilt by Association
When playing on our servers, players must ensure that they are not taking advantage of hacking exploits and unfair play. Do not under any circumstances allow
hackers/exploiters to join your tribe, alliance, or party up alongside you within the game. It is your responsibility to remove them or yourself from the tribe. If you witness someone
breaking the rules through the use of a game exploit, or a third party program (such as ESP or AIMBOT) ensure that you isolate yourself from those users and are not playing
with or alongside them to avoid breaching our code of conduct.
Players caught willingly participating with exploiters will be guilty by association and will have the same punishment as the exploiters themselves.
Spawn Blocking occurs when tribes intentionally block spawn points for the purpose of not allowing any new players to play on the server (including cross
server players). In the event your base inadvertently or accidentally resides on a spawn point you will not be penalized.
Here are some examples of what spawn blocking can consist of, but is not limited to:
- Using structures that players spawn into and can not get out of.
- Using spikes/spike walls at player spawn locations.
- Turrets located on or near spawn points.
- Dino gates, or any type of structure/cage that is meant to trap or instantly kill a player and prevent them from spawning on the map.
- Aggressive creatures placed near spawn points in order to instantly kill players that spawn in.