Rules are subject to Common Sense.
These rules are not comprehensive. Use of 'loopholes' to violate the spirit of these rules is subject to enforcement!
These rules are not open for debate, deliberate misinterpretation of these rules during investigations is subject to enforcement!
Enforcement of these rules is done so in an investigative manner, punishments will be at the sole discretion of the server Admin!
Reported Players or Tribes are Innocent Until Proven Guilty! Discord
#report_crime Accusers MUST provide accepted forms of evidence.
Too long and don't want to read?
If you don't read all the rules, then really.. Don't expect to know how to avoid breaking them, However, in case your attention span can hold on for 30 seconds, here it is in short form..
! DO NOT !
- ✘be hateful, vulgar, obscene, unnecessarily rude, spam the chat or advertise.
- ✘have any of the above as part of your steam, player or tribe name.
- ✘build near obvious no build areas or obelisks/terminals.
- ✘leave your taming traps all over the map.
- ✘base near or hide behind another tribe.
- ✘hack, exploit or otherwise cheat OR involve yourself with those that cheat.
- ✘wreck the map with spam OR block spawns (structures or dinos).
- ✘raid new players.
- ✘log off while being raided if you killed an attacker. (aka Combat Logging.)
- ✘raid with Extinction Titans.
- ✘impersonate staff or high profile players with steam, player or tribe name.
- ✘have different tribe names across the cluster.
! DO !
- ✔Play without exploits.
- ✔Report people who break rules.
- ✔Listen to people that know better than you.
- ✔Read the Wiki once in a while.
- ✔Enjoy the game with etiquette and self-respect.
Communication, Chat & Messaging.
Keeping the cluster friendly is always high on the priority list, however, we are not a nanny cluster. We're also not here to serve as a digital babysitter. If you
have a personal dispute with another player, we will politely ask that you take it to a more private place and deal with the issue or use the magic of ignoring idiots.
Ensure that you:
- Do not use language or names which are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, sexually explicit, or racially, ethnically or otherwise offensive.
- Do not post Personal Identifiable Information - belonging to yourself or someone else on any of our services, in-game, discord or otherwise.
- Do not harass, stalk, threaten a person - such as sending repeated unsolicited or unwelcome messages to specific users/tribes and can include but not limited to those sexual in nature or messages that would cause discomfort.
- Do not disrupt the game - such as intentionally causing the chat screen to scroll faster than other users are able to read, or setting up macros with large amounts of text that, when used, have a disruptive effect on the normal flow of Chat. Also known as Spam.
- Do not promote - do not send messages which are advertisements for inappropriate topics, including scamming, hacking, exploits, competing servers, competing websites or the sale of goods and services unless trading within the game for game specific resources.
- Do not impersonate - pretending to be someone else with intent to impersonate Administrators or High Profile players or tribes. Do not speak on behalf of the server in any administration events or notices. You should direct people to the correct place where they can obtain official information.
Too Close? How Close?
As a simple guide, we use the Structures Plus (S+) Wooden Feeding Trough Range as a very easy way for you to see where you are building and if where you are building is too close to a location where you should not build. The server takes care of most of this, but as a rule of thumb, you may try the following...
Place an 'S+ Feeding Trough' (the wooden one) and "Show Range" from the radial menu(E), if the range overlaps the other area, you're too close. You can pick up the S+ Feeding Trough after you have determined your range. The range indicator is approximately 50 foundations in radius (150m).
Places considered restricted for building within a 50 foundation radius (150m)...
- Near Obelisks, Mission Portals or City Terminals
- Near Aberration Surface Cave Entrances or Gen2 Void Access Points (sky vents)
Multiple tribes built in one location to mutual benefit. i.e...
- No Sharing a single cave with one entrance where the entrance is defended by only one tribe (Ice Cave on Center map is an example of this).
- No Profiteering off each other’s defences ie: one cave entrance is defended by Tribe A and another entrance is defended by Tribe B.
- No Multiple tribes living inside a cave/area defended by a single tribes defences. (An example of this would be the Valguero Underground cave).
- A Minimum of 50 Foundation distance (150m) of empty space must exist between bases for different tribes (from each edge).. Including Allies.
Do not spam random pillars/foundations/spike walls etc (with the exception to Czech Hedgehogs at your base) around the map, or around your base. You may build defences but you may not spam.
View of what NOT to do..
Taming Traps & Other Rubbish
Do not leave your taming traps out in the world, clean up after yourself. If an Admin has to clean up after you, you may not like the results. This includes old bases of yours and other rubbish.
Failure to abide by the spam rules could have very negative consequences for your tribe.
Claiming locations with the sole intent of preventing other tribes building there, for example, blocking off a cave entrance and having no base inside the cave in order to lock down the location is prohibited, the location may be freed up for other players if this is found to be the case. If you abuse this by claiming many locations in this manner, you may have your entire tribe wiped. Be warned.
If you have a teleporter set to Public and you have turrets/defences there, you must add [NOTSAFE] as a suffix to the teleporter name.
Glitch Base Spots / Meshed Bases
A meshed base is defined on this cluster as a base that you cannot access without using some exploit to pass through the mesh. If there is a way in without glitches (like a crack in the wall, or small entrance) that leads into a "cave" then its not meshed, however if this place can only be accessed using some narcotic/knockout, zip-line, cryopod or other unholy method allows people to access out of bounds areas or under the world then this is meshed.
A player must be able to walk or crawl through any gaps to get access. If its an accessible (without exploits) cave/cavern then its not classed as meshed.
A base must be accessible (at minimum) by a player walking or crouching through some gap.
PVP: Rules & Guidelines
This is a PVP cluster. Expect to die!
Open World PVP is allowed, at any time.. for everyone. Other than new players.. there are no exceptions..
This means if you are out farming, doing a boss or transferring maps at an obelisk, you can be attacked.
New Players Are Welcome!
New players are welcome on this cluster, attacking new players for the sake of trolling them is prohibited.
If a player is discovered to be new, by them telling you as much, you must leave them alone. You gain nothing from attacking new players.
If new players attack you however, its fair game...
This is a PVP cluster. Expect to be raided!
Every player (except from new players) should make reasonable assumptions that they could be raided at any moment and as such, should make every effort they can to protect their base with whatever means they can.
This is not a "beat up the new guy" cluster. Allow players to progress. Players or tribes that would have a significant disadvantage in defending themselves from you or your tribe (namely new players) should not be attacked unless they have done something to warrant that aggression. Use your best judgement and common sense in all cases.
This cluster has an Offline Raid Protection (Offline Guard System Mod) creatable structure that you can use to protect your base whilst sleeping/work/school etc. Please see our mod collection for more information, or search your in game engrams for "Offline Guard System".
Any abuse of the Offline Guard System could see it removed for your tribe.
Abuse could take the form of, but not limited to: Transferring to another map on the cluster to continue playing after another tribe initiated a raid in order to avoid being raided or "ORP Refreshing" where players only login to the cluster to reset the 7 day OGS decay timer and don't actually play for any meaningful amount of time.
Forward Operating Bases
A forward operating base (also known as a FOB) constitutes any operational point within the vicinity of another tribe’s base used for the purpose of attacking. Common sense comes into play here: are you using structures or otherwise as a point of attack in order to focus on another tribe's base? then it is a FOB.
Once a raid is over, you must remove all the FOB structures that you have placed. Clean up after yourself.
If there is no activity at the target location for 1 whole hour, The raid is considered finished.
Activity is considered, either side killing players, destroying structures, soaking turrets or killing creatures of the opposing side.
Logging off while being raided, after making an attempt to defend your base (also known as chicken shit cowardice) is not permitted. If you think that the Offline Raid Protection will save you after you realise you are likely going to lose being raided by logging off, you are likely suffering from internet rabies. If a tribe can prove that you combat logged, expect your ORP to be removed by the server Admin. Fight fair and with a pair of balls. :)
The evidence accepted for Combat Logging is the defending tribe members have to have killed/destroyed one of the attacking tribes dinos/players/structures. Server logs can be checked.
Titans from Extinction are not to be used in raiding, what so ever. Titans are to be used to fight the King Titan on Extinction as part of the Boss fight and not to lord it over the server. Titans are broken, they can easily kill creatures and players through large portions of mesh despite Wildcards efforts to fix this issue, no cave is safe from titans. This exploit will lead to anyone using it getting wiped and banned.
Cluster Characters & Tribes
Your tribe name should be the same on all maps and contain the same tribe members where applicable.
Players can't be members of multiple tribes, especially enemy tribes.
- This is to prevent "insiding", shady raiding tactics & to allow the server admin to easily identify players and tribes.
You as a Player means your Steam Account identifiable by your Steam ID.
Your Steam ID is a 17 digit number starting with 765611.. Available in your steam profile
This never changes no matter how many characters you create. This steam ID should only link to one character on the cluster and that character should only be in one tribe.
- Tribe Owners must make sure this rule is followed by naming tribes correctly.
- Two tribes (ones with different members) cannot have the exact same name, the tribe that created a unique name first takes precedence.
- Players with multiple characters could have all or all but one deleted by the Admin.
If you require assistance from the server admin at any point, we will require that your tribes and your tribes characters are in line with this rule, if you are not then you may receive no assistance due to the difficulty in identifying your tribe or tribe members from map to map.
Help us to help you.
Hacking and Exploiting
Hacking or exploiting game mechanics to gain an unfair advantage over other players is not tolerated.
Hacking or Hack related chat
Examples are not limited to but can include using third-party programs such as in-game automated bots, ESP, Aimbots, and Game Engine Modifications.
There should be no discussions in game or otherwise regarding abusing hacks and exploits, where you can acquire them, or how they are utilized.
Exploiting - examples are not limited to but can include:
- Attacking from, travelling through, or building in unintended game-zones (under the mesh or above the map).
- Duplication of tames, items, or characters.
- Using unintended building mechanics (such as floating structures, using the world barrier as a snap point).
- Using unintended character mechanics (such as narcotics / zip lines to access out of map areas).
- Building a box on a platform saddled dino or skiff to completely prevent it from taking damage.
- Floating structures or structures that extend past normal building limits on platform saddles or rafts for PVP purposes.
- Modifying your game files to remove key graphical components (water, fog, etc).
- Attacking or blocking players through the terrain with dinosaurs.
- Intentionally crashing users or servers (through DDoS or otherwise).
- Placing excessive quantities of C4 to prevent hostile C4 from being placed.
- Stacking multiple creatures inside each other's models via raising babies close together, teleporting them near each other, downloading them, etc (ex: multiple brontos in a 1x1 foundation area).
- Use of a Proxy tribe or an alternate account to place structures or buildings to hide behind an Offline Raid Protection/Offline Guard System is considered an abuse of ORP/OGS build mechanics and will not be tolerated.
Guilt by Association
When playing on our servers, players must ensure that they are not taking advantage of hacking exploits and unfair play. Do not under any circumstances allow hackers/exploiters to join your tribe, alliance, or party up alongside you within the game. It is your responsibility to remove them or yourself from the tribe. If you witness someone breaking the rules through the use of a game exploit, or a third party program (such as ESP or AIMBOT) ensure that you isolate yourself from those users and are not playing with or alongside them to avoid breaching our code of conduct.
Players caught willingly participating with exploiters will be guilty by association and will have the same punishment as the exploiters themselves.
Spawn Blocking occurs when tribes intentionally block spawn points for the purpose of not allowing any new players to play on the server (including cross cluster players). In the event your base inadvertently or accidentally resides on a spawn point you will not be penalized, but you will be asked to move.
Knowing where all server spawn points are is impossible, but after a report has been made you will be required to move. In some cases, your entire base will need to be moved. You will not have Admin assistance for this process.
You can avoid this by building far away from any spawn screen spawn point area.
Here are some examples of what spawn blocking can consist of, but is not limited to:
- Using structures that players spawn into and can not get out of.
- Using spikes/spike walls at player spawn locations.
- Turrets located on or near spawn points.
- Dino gates, or any type of structure/cage that is meant to trap or instantly kill a player and prevent them from spawning on the map.
- Aggressive creatures placed near spawn points in order to instantly kill players that spawn in.
- Teleportation zones (on Genesis) are treated as spawn zones and as such they should not be blocked nor have any turrets in or near them.